MSP430 replacement of the FreqMite.
But I want something a little different. Something like this.
- If this is the only function that the device is doing then it should only be active when I hit the spot button. Otherwise I want the MCU in deep sleep where it is drawing micro-amps. It doesn’t seem like much, but if your receiver is pulling 20-30ma, you then why pull power for a feature you aren’t using.
- Why not couple this with a keyer. Then you would have a built in keyer, that also tells you what the frequency is. Now how handy would that be.
- The keyer should have a ptt output. So I can key the transmitter, like in the Rockless Rockmite.
- The keyer should also have a side tone output. Maybe even configurable.
- Part component cost to be under $15.
- The code should be open sourced on GitHub so that anyone can download it or modify it to suit their needs.
I think this is going to have to be a future project.
I used to have debuggers to several chip vendors and I got rid of everything but my Segger J-Link. While working on some other projects, you hear about shortly, I have decided that I will only use ARM chips from now on. So this project won’t be done using an MSP430.